Achieved Band 6
Scored 95+ ATAR
My name is Alex and I am a passionate educator with 18 years of teaching experience in high schools and universities.
I hold a PhD in Chemistry and was a Lecturer in Chemistry at The University of Melbourne. I am now a curriculum director for the development of Chemistry and GAMSAT courses for various educational institutions across NSW.
I’m currently offering small-group tutoring services for Preliminary and HSC Chemistry. My approach is holistic, which means that I focus on both the academic and mental well-being of my students.
“Success is not a short-term achievement.
It must be sustainable, consistent, and disciplined.”
Atrium Education was founded to provide students with a holistic learning experience. We strive to resonate with our students so we may face challenges, and celebrate learning together.
We achieve this by:
- sharing the responsibility of learning with the student, and their parents/guardians.
- respecting that each student is an individual, who will have unique needs.
- understanding strengths and challenges of each student by analyzing their learning and communication behaviour.
- providing holistic guidance beyond ‘what they should achieve’, but rather, ‘how they can achieve’.
- facilitating each student’s learning style by providing multiple means of communication.
- encouraging self-discipline and realistic goal-setting.
- partnering with the student in developing their own unique learning ecosystem that resonates with their learning style.
We want students to succeed through confidence, not pressure.
We want students to strive for the best because of passion, not grades.
We want students to be defined by their perseverance, not ranking.
We want our students to be empowered individuals with confidence, passion, and perseverance who can see opportunities in failures, values in mistakes, and success in perseverance.